International Divorce Lawyers
As international divorce lawyers we know the particularities of divorce proceedings in the different member states of the European Union. We deal with cases of international divorce and separation from other countries. Whichever your nationality or country of residence, contact us to share your situation with us.
One of the situations that generates the most stress when deciding to get divorced is the lack of knowledge of the law. If you or your spouse are foreign, you may ask yourself questions such as: “In which country should I file for divorce?”, “Which laws are applicable to my divorce?”, “Can I return to my country of origin with my children?”, “How can I get in touch with my ex if I do not know where he/ she lives?”, etc. At our office, we have a team of expert lawyers in international law that will answer all your questions.
Are you going through any of the situations set out below?
We often get clients that live in a country that is not their country of origin. There are no two cases the same and therefore we carefully study your case to provide personalised attention to achieve the best possible results.
- How do you know you need the services of international divorce lawyers? Contact us and we provide you with the necessary information.
- Have you decided to divorce your foreign spouse? In this case, different important procedural aspects need to be considered. An expert in the field will advise you on how to speed up the process.
- Did you marry abroad and want to divorce? Multiple variables will need to be taken into account. An in-depth study of said variables will determine the country, court and law that apply in your case.
- Are you both foreign and want to put an end to your marriage? If you both live in Spain but you are not Spanish, you will need to prove a number of circumstances that allow you to file for divorce in Spain, amongst others that your habitual residence is in Spain.
- Are you living abroad and want to divorce the spouse you married in Spain? In this situation, both your circumstances as a couple and the rules that apply in the country where you are living will determine how to proceed.
- Are you foreign and want to get married in Spain? The proceedings are complex and slow but at LAWFAM we can assist you because nothing is more helpful than experience. We will gather the required international documents for you to speed up the process.
- Do you want a foreign judgment to be recognised in Spain? This is an international procedure. We will inform you of the legal implications and the different ways to request it.
How can we help you with your international divorce proceedings?
Thanks to our vast experience, LAWFAM is a multidisciplinary law firm you can trust with even the most difficult cases. Your wellbeing is our highest priority. We are versatile and focus on getting successful results.
- International divorce and separation. We are committed to providing you with personal attention and look for creative solutions to your situation. Our highly rated family law team has vast experience in dealing with issues of family law. We have a team of expert international family lawyers dedicated to creating solutions for global family issues.
- Parental responsibility. We understand that parental responsibility issues can be complex and sensitive. They can be even more so in international divorce proceedings, especially if one party wishes to return to their country of origin. The wellbeing of your children is our priority.
- Alimony. We will help you mediate this aspect of your divorce or separation, regardless of whether you are married or not.
- Claim / denial of filiation or paternity. These claims require the assistance of a highly prepared expert in the matter as well as a great deal of empathy on behalf of the parties involved.
- Marital and prenuptial agreements. We help you establish prenuptial agreements regarding asset protection, inheritance or descendance, before your international marriage takes place.
- Defining matrimonial property regimes and property consequences. This is a complex process considering legislation in this field is relatively new. Our expert tax lawyers will help you resolve the financial aspects of your divorce or separation.
- International child abduction. This is a delicate situation and great care must be taken in order to safeguard the best interest of the child, as well the child’s country of habitual residence and his/ her roots.
We deal with the bureaucratic aspects involved such as authorising the enforcement of foreign judgments (Exequatur procedure) or preparing marriage files.
We have vast experience in international divorce proceedings
We are specialised in international family law and stay ahead of the latest legal trends concerning international agreements, regulations and legislation through ongoing training.
From the moment we take on your case, you can count on having the support of experienced lawyers to provide the best advice and defence possible. Regardless of the challenges you are facing, we are here to guide, advice and defend you every step of the way.
Do you need expert advice? Contact us today
We are prepared to defend your case through negotiation or, as the last resort, through litigation. We are passionate about the work we do and will fight hard to get you the best possible outcome. Our highly trained team of international divorce lawyers will find solutions tailored to your needs. At LAWFAM we offer a wide variety of legal services to help you resolve your doubts and together we will find the best path forward.
Phone: 93 026 81 85
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), as well as any applicable national law, we inform you that the personal data you provide us with will be processed by LAWFAM Lawyers, responsible for processing your data with the aim of managing any incidence or information request related to our services. The legal grounds for processing your personal data consist in your consent given for this purpose. Your data will not be transferred to third parties, except legal obligation. You have the right to withdraw our consent, as well as to object to or limit the processing of personal data,access, rectify and delete data and exercise your right to data portability any time. You can read about how to exercise your rights as well as obtain any other additional information regarding processing your data Here.
Carrer de Balmes, 67, Principal, 2ª, 08007 Barcelona
Lawfam Abogados de Familia
Carrer de Balmes 67, Principal 2ª